After recent severe weather events in BC, major national carriers experienced severe telephone network problems leading to intermittent telephone problems for ABEL. If you cannot get through to support on the phone, please email email@example.com for any immediate support needs. We are sorry for any inconvenience.
How Your Dental Practice Management Software Helps You Reopen
Posted on 6/10/2020 by Angela Spinks
Things are rapidly changing in the world of dentistry. There have been multiple changes over the last few months in terms of how care can be provided to patients. With various provinces across Canada in different states of ‘reopening’, we think it is important to discuss dental providers’ options. This week, we want to delve into the various ways you can utilize your practice management software for a smooth and gradual office reopening.
While offices are permitted to provide non-essential dental services to patients, some dental offices are still currently refraining from booking routine patients. RCDSO is also becoming more lenient on the use of aerosols in dental treatment, as long as the patient has not been tested positive for COVID-19.
Patients that need dental treatment must be prescreened for COVID-19 either over the phone or online. ABELDent’s Patient Portal allows you to set up an online screening form for patients to fill out prior to coming to appointments. By setting up this functionality in your Patient Portal, you save your team time that would otherwise be spent on the phone. Once patients have completed filling out the online form, their patient record in your system is automatically updated. Having an efficient and streamlined pre-screening process like this helps your team adjust to how things will likely be for a while.
Having ABELDent’s Patient Portal, in contrast with a third-party communication tool, boasts secure and seamless integration. You can also use the Patient Portal to minimize in-person contact, paper use, and time spent by encouraging patients to use these features online.
Many dental practices have executed the first steps needed for reopening. Some practices in other areas have fully reopened their doors, accepting both hygiene and emergency appointments.
In addition to solutions that your dental software system provides, there are many more ideas that you can integrate into your practice to encourage both your team and your patients while you work towards reopening.
Things Dental Offices are Doing for their Team:
- Investing in negative pressure air systems to reduce their personal risk of contagion
- Normalizing new guidelines and extended approaches as standard practices for the team to make the transition back to work feel more comfortable. For example, Dr. Beaulne in Fort McMurray found that when his team started a routine again at work, their anxieties about returning started to go away.
- Restricting office hours for minimal exposure to patients
- Restricting usable operatories to minimize patient contact
Things Dental Offices are Doing for their Patients:
- Spacing appointments apart adequately
- Asking patients to wait in their car rather than the waiting room; if the patient has to come in for whatever reason, the waiting room chairs are an appropriate distance apart
- Continually educating patients on the current situation and proper sanitization techniques inside and outside of the dental office.
We will continue to provide resources on reopening processes throughout this time period. If you are interested in purchasing ABELDent’s Patient Portal, please feel free to contact our team, or let us know you are interested here.
If you have any questions or want to arrange a free trial I can be reached at any time at 1-800-267-ABEL (2235) or simply complete the form below and I’ll respond as soon as possible.
5/20/2020 6:30:16 PM
3/18/2020 3:00:25 PM
3/11/2020 4:15:41 PM