Satisfied Patients Make Everybody Happy
Posted on 8/13/2018 by Angela Spinks
A few common denominators propel the success of every business:
- Developing and sticking to a meaningful Unique Value Proposition;
- Having the right people focus on the right things at the right time;
- Delivering a customer experience, product or service that is consistent, sustainable and of the highest possible quality.
These are just three basic principles that drive long-term viability and profitability, and they apply as much to managing a dental practice as to any other enterprise. Today’s blog is about end-user impressions ”“ what your patients perceive, experience and remember ”“ and the make-or-break impact they can have on your practice.
Beyond clinical excellence and value-based pricing, what is likely to influence positive patient impressions and drive repeat business? It really comes down to effective communication, smooth operations, disciplined follow up, and consistent service delivery. As part of ABELDent’s Practice Management By Objectives methodology, we developed a series of relevant KPIs ”“ Key Performance Indicators ”“ to help you assess your status and guide your progress in these areas. You can easily extrapolate the data from within your existing ABEL software database.
Here are six quantifiable measures that will help you zero in on areas of opportunity:
If you find your own numbers falling short of industry benchmarks, you may want to ponder a few questions:
- What techniques has your team mastered to build patient satisfaction?
See the section Dental Patient Retention… What’s it worth to you? in
Through the Looking Glass: What Your Patients See
- Is the team confident in asking for referrals? Do they look and listen for triggers?
- Do you have defined time requirements for each procedure?
- Are you using a patient kiosk for check in and follow-through?
- Have you implemented doctor/chair time scheduling?
- Are you and your team trained in dealing effectively with complaints? Who is empowered to ‘make it right’?
- Have you established reasonable and realistic patient expectations? Do you provide a new patient welcome kit with written office policies?
- Do you consistently source new supplies and/or treatment techniques to improve productivity and the patient experience?
- Do you maximize available technology?
Overall patient satisfaction should be Job One on everyone’s agenda. Staff must be trained and continuously reminded to use empathy in understanding the patient experience. Engagement, loyalty and free-flowing referrals stem from positive patient perceptions.
This group of KPIs is just one of the categories of the strategic practice management we champion. I invite you to continue this conversation by attending one of our webinars or by reaching out to a member of our team at any time.
I welcome your feedback. I can be reached at any time at 1-800-267-ABEL (2235) or simply complete the form below and I’ll respond as soon as possible.
6/3/2020 3:00:14 PM
5/27/2020 7:00:00 PM
4/29/2020 6:00:00 PM