When it comes to your healthcare data, what's at risk?
Ransomware and the failure or theft of an office’s computer, hard drive, network or operating system can be catastrophic for your practice.
The loss of your financial records, patient files, documents, schedules, and more!
Once this data is gone you may not be able to replace it without a proper contingency plan.
For your Peace of Mind, we offer ABEL RBS which provides an efficient, affordable way to put systems in place to help recover your valuable practice data
Cyber attacks and environmental threats such as fires, storms, floods, power failures,
and electrical surges can cause serious – sometimes irreparable – damage
in the absence of proper planning.
ABEL RBS includes:
Secure backup over the Internet
- safe, advanced encryption of your data
- in transport and in cloud storage
- automated, online, remote service – no manual effort required
- access to your data backup when you need it
- a retention schedule preserving data for up to 1 year
- summary reports emailed daily
Assistance from ABELDent experts
- data restoration of your cloud backup to your local server if your local server is immediately available
- if a disaster leaves your server unavailable for days we will restore your cloud backup to a virtual server in the cloud – providing emergency access to your ABELDent data (e.g. appointments and financials) typically within 2 to 24 hours
- a virtual server, if required, will be available for 2 users to run ABELDent for up to 1 month
I called ABELDent in frantic need of help – our computer developed a corruption in the data base. Scott was amazing! He efficiently and quickly fixed the problem in a professional, friendly and calming manner.
Dr. Sementilli’s office
The ABELDent technicians we’ve worked with over the last few years have been gracious, knowledgeable and patient, even during times of crisis.
Bill Dungey, IT Manager, CTSIT
Your Support Team helped me through a situation that required real troubleshooting skills. Your team is quite knowledgeable – and in this case, I can’t thank them enough.